Visualization of social network  
SBDC logo  

Uniting Trusted Professionals Who Strengthen Our Business Community

Not A Member? Join Now! Already a member? Upcoming Events

Ask an Expert

License help

Asked by Rebecca

I am starting an online resale store in Florida, what licensing and/or certificates will I need?

1 Answer

You will need to obtain a Business Tax license from Duval County or whatever county in which you do business. You will need to register with the Florida Department of Revenue for any payroll, sales, excise or other business taxes for which you may be liable.
a good URL to visit is, It is always a good idea to establish your business with the Florida Secretary of State ( and obtain an Employer's Identification Number from the IRS.

To be safe, obtain the services a a good CPA and/or business attorney to be sure you have not overlooked anything. Noncompliance penalties in Florida are very expensive.

Rick Balog, CPA
Balog + Tamburri, CPA's

Meet the Advisors